Newberry County Council Work Session and Meeting 09/02/2026
1:41:48 Thank you very much and County Council, I applaud you for holding the tax rate like it is by your budget. That That's what I appreciate you so much.Play from 1:41:48
Video, transcripts, and deep links for 99 archived public meetings from 75 South Carolina governments — city councils, county boards, and public agencies.
91 with a searchable transcript · 2 added in the last 7 days
Quotes mentioning property taxes, from the most recent South Carolina meetings we have transcripts for. Show all topics.
1:41:48 Thank you very much and County Council, I applaud you for holding the tax rate like it is by your budget. That That's what I appreciate you so much.Play from 1:41:48
1:04:22 They cannot be one of the main property taxes. But they also put a load on the existing infrastructure. So you've got, I mean, that you cannot develop yourself in your prosperity.Play from 1:04:22
1:49:14 But for us to recognize property tax revenues at what point you think we're going to see significant [clears throat] dollars coming in that we can then use in our operating budget.Play from 1:49:14
43:20 …so in my personal, uh, example, my property tax assessment for the town of hilton head has remained flat the last two years. And it will continue to stay flat unless I do two things.Play from 43:20
Aiken County School District, SC ·
10:29 For those that don't have students in school and say, well, why do I want to put a penny towards our school, understand that there's also a provision in the referendum where we take 10% of the monies collected and apply that towards property tax relief.Play from 10:29
Search all 99 South Carolina meetings →
Where we're watching most closely — ranked by meetings we've archived in the last 90 days.