Video, transcripts, and deep links for 242 archived public meetings from 134 Washington governments — city councils, county boards, and public agencies.
240 with a searchable transcript · 2 added in the last 7 days
Wildfire & emergency in Washington meetings
Quotes mentioning wildfire & emergency, from the most recent Washington meetings we have transcripts for. Show all topics.
1:24:32
As PSC customers, port or to residents get access to energy saving programs, EV and solar options, and bill assistance programs. PSC is also making major investments in wildfire mitigation to keep community safe.
30:06
And so, you know, one of the biggest things, and, you know, I'm going to go to Rachel's neighborhood, but one of the biggest things we've talked about, we, you know, flyers, things I got as defensible space.
1:02:19
And then emerging topics where I see, you know, an unstable world and preparedness and expressed almost monthly my concern about growing very real wildfire threat.
1:47:49
Of all the wildfire smoke and impacts, and Council Venegas pointed out, I think it's really important that we are creative with how those dollars are spent.
2:55:59
…and over time. And, you know, we are a, you know, a situation where we could have something similar to that, you know, I don't not expecting wildfires, but, you know, you never know.
2:19:53
Um, I felt that that was in line with our, um, legislative priorities for, uh, working with the Forest Service on fuel reduction and fuel management, and management of our watershed, um, and things that we have been actively engaged with, um, when we do our…
1:46:18
Okay, that makes sense. But yeah, like just thinking about wildfire situations in terms of landscape maybe and I thought and I'm sorry I thought I updated have this section that talks about uh choosing trees that are…
1:06:25
…spring and early summer. And that really leaves us with this, uh, event that we re having right now, which is drier vegetation, a longer time frame for an increased wildfire I just you know the last couple days have been really hard for many communities around our state with the wildfires that have been hitting our our state, but it's been you know for the last month and a half we've been having wildfire season.
1:06:42
But it’s been, you know, for the last month and a half, we’ve been having wildfire season. Um, and then that leaves us with less of that water in the summertime when we need it for for people, for farms and for fish.
29:49
…medicine in King County for 40 years. I support best because it will decrease burning of Climate change is harming our health via extreme weather, heat events, and wildfires.
2:20:30
And this can't be the only place in the city where we have that concern or need. So would this be the best place to focus? That or should we be considering other places to also So ask for wildfire risk mitigation or reduction work to be done or funded.
28:14
We worry about things like heat waves and wildfire, including wildfire, smoke. And there are other things going on as well, just the normal course of events.