Video, transcripts, and deep links for 242 archived public meetings from 134 Washington governments — city councils, county boards, and public agencies.
240 with a searchable transcript · 2 added in the last 7 days
Data centers in Washington meetings
Quotes mentioning data centers, from the most recent Washington meetings we have transcripts for. Show all topics.
40:12
It's very self sustaining. Data centers to me would be an interesting topic. So they stopped what they were going do to do, due to last session, and are going Uh, I think the misunderstanding, uh, at least on my end, um, as I studied more at every golf course uses as much water as a data center and I'm a golfer I maybe we should start shutting down golf courses.
45:14
We got a briefing from the PU Public Utility District, the homeless county, PUD, CIO, John Harlow. And one of the things that I thought was particularly remarkable there in light of the current questions about power and power use and data centers.
52:17
Councilman C. Uh yes, I'm also in support of this. Uh these data centers are not very appropriate for Scadget Valley in my opinion. Um they are delletterious to the water electric electricity environmental concerns.
23:04
Being invoked is real concern, and the biggest driver is new da da da da data centers demand that could add 2 to 4 Seattle's worth of load across the Northwest by 2030 .
20:45
We need a moratorum. I heard similar comments from council member Smart. I heard you say that there is a possibility that more modern data centers are bringing their own power and then some.
5:25
You know, there's other parts of the process that use it. And the reason I'm bringing this up is because these data centers, you know, they're talking about the energy that that the water it's going to take to cool these data…
57:13
You know, we ve done testing and sort of libraries and data centers in South County. Um, and, and, uh, score, which is one of the, the jails, um, and have had good success with that, actually.
32:55
The money that they will produce is going to benefit very few people, and the risks are something that is going to affect all of us as Richland residents, especially our children and our grandchildren, with the huge environmental impacts that especially the data centers…
1:33:46
Um I'm really concerned about what is happening with not the Microsoft data center, but we actually have another data center that's being built right now on the protected zone.