13:52
Again, they provide fire protection, emergency response, and services, in the district of which the city of Sealy is within. It receives dedicated ESD tax revenue, both in sales tax and in property tax.
1:44:19
Yeah, this does show the last 10 years payments in property tax and sales tax that equaled that 100 million. $1 million total dollars by dance favor was kind enough to put this together for us.
37:51
Every single household, every single neighborhood depends on the exact same essential services to keep this city strong. For years, Edinburgh has held its tax rate at 63 cents per 100 valuation, and tonight you were proposing to maintain it again at that rate.
1:09:31
And so that's where the property tax and things like that come in. But a lot of cities weren't looking at 40 years from now. They were just looking at what I need today and that's how we're balancing what our tax rate and what our lot of water utility rates are.
3:31
This effectively allowed a higher than normal tax rate to be approved by Council, instead of going to the public for a vote. This practice, while legally permissible, does not foster trust between government and taxpayers.
11:17
Okay, I just oppose it. I don't agree with the numbers. It's now closed the public hearing at 609 p.m. We'll open item number four. Discussion and possible action to postpone the final vote on the Adelorum Tax Rate for fiscal year 26, 27,…
20:15
When the appraisal district appraises a person's home, if that value goes up, even if it's the same tax rate that the district is using, they may pay more in taxes.
30:01
You're voting on tonight is even less than that, which is 1.2552. If I'm mistaken, open to learning, but I'm confused why you guys are considering a tax rate of 1.2552, Which is less than your net new revenue rate.
16:43
Consider an act on a resolution ratifying the property tax increase reflected in the fiscal year 2026, 2027 budget. Mayor councilmembers, as you have just approved the budget and then the tax rate, we do now have to go back and ratify the budget for this new tax rate.
19:40
I would venture to add that Hayes Cad is already factored in a healthy amount of property taxes, looking at the properties forward and backward stored in the lane of what is already there.
15:39
I'll tell you what. I'll make a motion to uh to to move those the hearings on both the budget and the tax rate and meeting to hopefully adopt those September 23rd at 9:00 a.m.