Video, transcripts, and deep links for 1513 archived public meetings from 570 California governments — city councils, county boards, and public agencies.
1445 with a searchable transcript · 92 added in the last 7 days
Data centers in California meetings
Quotes mentioning data centers, from the most recent California meetings we have transcripts for. Show all topics.
3:30:59
The city council adopted the moratorium to provide the city sufficient time to study the potential to provide the city's sufficient time to study the potential land use infrastructure and safety impacts associated with data centers and also on August…
55:44
I'm pretty sure I saw on the news the people who were living next to the data centers. They were holding up a sound meter that was reading 65-70.
1:37:32
I'm not on the council so I can make any public comment I want. There's also lots of land out at the airport. That would be a great place for them to put -- It looks like we have a developer the word leaves me -- a data center,…
1:05:37
Maybe an embassy in london? How about a data center on the moon? Or why don't we refreeze the polar ice caps? Please stop with the political grandstanding.
1:01:15
To make it very clear, the project is not being proposed as a data center. It's being proposed as a warehousing and e-commerce logistic center, which basically has pallets of goods come in one side through roll-up doors and docks and then be reconfigured…
2:24:32
Um, uh, so I just want to say that, um, I, I also heard, uh, the residents speak, especially my, uh, the constituents that are in district three, the place for data centers in Renovalley or in District 3.
1:09:42
And that will happen once adoption iii's legal risks legally responsible official is. There's also day to submit yours. That's for. Data centers are the steps below the yellow rose.
42:43
We must ask ourselves why flat cameras and data centers are rapidly on the rise, why the The urgency to usher in a massive AI surveillance system.
2:07:02
I support, I'm really excited because I was going to start my speech with I support a moratorium. But even more than that, I support a total ban on these data centers in Viselia.
1:08:15
But yeah. So. And with the ai and data centers, nobody is predicting that the cost of Now, ten years ago, I wouldn't have said that, but today, six percent is very conservative.
1:11:00
And then our Wave Lambda Services is essentially a way of transporting data between Burbank and downtown Los Angeles, the carrier hotels, as they call them, the giant office building data centers in downtown LA, have basically since the 1980s been the hub for the internet, for the entire West Coast.
1:01:31
I'm not sure if other commissioners have, but I have received a fair amount of questions and concerns about just the idea of data centers in oakland coming to oakland being an oakland, and the more I looked into it, and I appreciate all the, the answers that were or,…