Video, transcripts, and deep links for 253 archived public meetings from 214 Pennsylvania governments — city councils, county boards, and public agencies.
242 with a searchable transcript · 15 added in the last 7 days
Traffic & street safety in Pennsylvania meetings
Quotes mentioning traffic & street safety, from the most recent Pennsylvania meetings we have transcripts for. Show all topics.
1:24:38
And then the lengths of these sections are measured as well as having a d, a and CRO and crosswalk information, since we know sidewalks are a proven safety counter measure.
35:02
I mean it's, we don't have any funding vehicle for it, but it's almost the, without the GIS mapping and those, and the growth boundaries and locating those facilities and the assets, you're, we're sort of having a roundabout discussion about where's…
12:55
Piano key is just a making sure everyone's on the same page too is it's not like a decorative crosswalk. It's just a name for a more visible a much more visible amount of paint on the street.
19:26
Correct. Neighborhood pro neighborhood area should be posted 25 miles an hour. Okay. So, in other words, there will be signs posted 25 mph speed limit.
6:45
Yeah, we we can work with your office on that. I know we commented PennDOT had requested that crosswalk be removed due to the stop bar, but we can work that with between your office and and…
1:57:10
You know, maybe it's the sidewalk maintenance and vegetation, maybe it's the traffic calming, cuz to think that hiring a consultant to do this RFP is going to take work off of your plate, I think, is naive.
16:26
Oh, I probably is. I mean, let's face it, this the speed limit signs are antiquated, right? They all said 25. But when I see 25, I think 30 32 is good, not 50.
55:10
Second. Okay. So, unfortunately, we again were not awarded the multimodal um grant for our trail system um that's connecting to the new roundabout that Pendot is building.
1:08:23
Actually, the planning commission requested us do a proper designated crosswalk, you know, a proper pend one so that people can from both sides of the site can share, you know, and get over to the trail and and so on and so…
38:45
Um, the only reason that was done, um, which is different than the previous is that if you stop before the crosswalk, you actually wouldn't be able to see around Bruce Mayne's building, Bruce's Auto Body.
33:55
Next item on our agenda this evening is a discussion on our Second Avenue Pedestrian Safety Improvement Project. I will invite Brian up to the podium, and um I would you mind going over what you have to show us this evening.
8:54
All right. Thanks. So to continue this discussion on why a roundabout uh we can talk about the fact that roundabouts are a FHWA proven safety counter measure and they address items in PENDOT strategic highway safety plan…