Orem City Council Meeting | 8.11.2026
13:34 Um the South Salt Lake City, this is just permit data from 2025 and 2026. Um they have run 73 units and they've permitted 73 detached accessory dwelling units.Play from 13:34
Video, transcripts, and deep links for 15 archived Orem, UT public meetings from 2019-09-17 to 2026-08-28 — 15 with a searchable transcript.
City Council (12) · Municipal Building Authority of the City of Orem (1)
Quotes mentioning housing & development. Show all topics.
13:34 Um the South Salt Lake City, this is just permit data from 2025 and 2026. Um they have run 73 units and they've permitted 73 detached accessory dwelling units.Play from 13:34
1:25:01 I'm going to take 50 on 11,000 just cuz there are so many house plans for accessory dwelling units that are about a there's just a lot.Play from 1:25:01
6:02:05 …affordable housing, people envision a giant apartment complex where, you know, you have cheap apartments. a giant apartment complex where you know you have cheap apartments and I don't think that a giant apartment complex where you have cheap apartments and I don't think that was at…Play from 6:02:05
3:10:09 Many residents believe the goal was to create more affordable housing for people who actually live and work in Orm. Yet, every home that becomes a short-term rental is one less home available for a family, a firsttime home…Play from 3:10:09
4:51:54 I am not terribly concerned about the Twin Home model. I think that we do have a need for more affordable housing. I know that an autism friendly community also could benefit from this kind of of housing.Play from 4:51:54
1:47:21 I like having an [clears throat] accessory dwelling as well. Um, one of the concerns I've heard from some people who have those is that am I going to have to every time I I have some people who have accessory dwelling…Play from 1:47:21
Search within Orem, UT meetings → · All Utah governments · All coverage