Meeting Minutes - September 21, 2026
2:29 Neighbors raised concerns about drainage and aging stormwater infrastructure at the site, as well as rumors that the property could be used for a data center.Play from 2:29
Video, transcripts, and deep links for 559 archived public meetings from 250 Florida governments — city councils, county boards, and public agencies.
539 with a searchable transcript · 5 added in the last 7 days
Quotes mentioning data centers, from the most recent Florida meetings we have transcripts for. Show all topics.
2:29 Neighbors raised concerns about drainage and aging stormwater infrastructure at the site, as well as rumors that the property could be used for a data center.Play from 2:29
21:09 So, I just have a question, is there, do we know what's going in there? I just want to check on the data centers to make sure they're not like popping in a mini data center anywhere.Play from 21:09
5:11:40 …moratorum no different than the pause the community has called on large data centers. This week, a former openi open the community has called on large data centers.Play from 5:11:40
1:05:00 It takes a long time to use public transit in Jacksonville. It's not the easiest city to get around. If you don't have a vehicle and then pivoting, I would like talk about data centers.Play from 1:05:00
3:30:15 Christina that I support and acting stringent regulations within the uldc vergara data centers and expect said regulations to apply to applicant for the current are entered port is not the appropriate place for a 900,000 square-foot car…Play from 3:30:15
39:32 All right, that concludes our budget items, and now we have our next tab, and I'll turn that over to the county attorney. Okay, this will be an ordinance of the Board of County Commissioners of Lake County, Florida, Support us suspending the acceptance of development applications for data centers, data center facilities and data center utilities within unincorporated Lake County.Play from 39:32
3:19:14 That's not a bad thing you know just keeps a small kids is working. But thing when they built these data centers cities that 5 natural resources already or low on water as it is over struck shuns and yet these guys want to come in and take over much…Play from 3:19:14
2:08:13 I mean, because they all say about the water issue, and I know like CDM workers like 800,000, and the water issue for me, it is like 700,000, they denied a data center because it would put them close to their point of water.Play from 2:08:13
1:04:37 In regards to the data center, it would be interesting to get data on how much water is used for your average cost. And I think that you'll find that the size effect data center, it's going to be comfortable.Play from 1:04:37
28:17 So, um, if you looked at the LDRs from the strictest sense, that means data centers are not permissible within the county because it's not defined in your LDRs and there's no provisions for permitting one.Play from 28:17
30:29 I'm not for funding a data center within the city or the county. So really the bigger picture. It are these data centers that are going to eat up a ton of energy.Play from 30:29
27:42 You should be very concerned, attorney . Everyone in the chamber should be concerned, as well as in our city and county. I do not see any of you at these AI data center meetings.Play from 27:42
Search all 559 Florida meetings →
Where we're watching most closely — ranked by meetings we've archived in the last 90 days.